All exercises are performed on your back, & keep your neck straight, here is the routine:
- 6 crunches (hips at 90 degrees, knees at 90 degrees).
- 6 leg extensions (slowly extend your legs fully and then pull them back in).
- 6 bicycle kicks (6 complete cycles with each leg).
- 6 straight leg raises (point your toes, lock your knees and slowly raise your legs to 90 degrees at the hips.
- 6 right obliques (twist your left shoulder towards your right knee, keep hips and knees at 90 degrees).
- 6 left obliques.
- 6 crunches again.
Following this routine take a rest and progress to the ‘Bridge Set”. For this exercise spend a set amount of time in each position. I recommend starting with 10 seconds for left and right, and 15 seconds for the center bridge. Increase the time as you get stronger. Here are the descriptions:
- Right Side Bridge: Place your right arm on the ground underneath your shoulder so you can lift yourself up and rest on your elbow. Point your hand at 90 degrees to your body. Put your feet on top of each other and keep your body straight from head to toe.
- Left Side Bridge: As above but on left side.
- Center Bridge: Assume a push up position except place your elbows on the floor with your arms running directly underneath your body.
You should move from position to position without your hips touching the floor as this will help maintain good postural control moving between positions.